Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Screamin' and Yellin'


Quinn has taken to yelling at us. Some of you might say, "Um, that's crying and it's probably because she has needs."
Nope. It's definitely yelling. And, I think it's more like she has opinions and she wants us to hear them - LOUD AND CLEAR. Sometimes she will yell and then I walk up to her bouncy seat, ask her what the trouble is and she smiles at me and begins her regular chatter. I imagine that she was saying, "HEYYYYYYYYY YOUUUUUUUU. Get in here and listen to me, damn it. I have very important things to discuss with you. Like, why can't I have bananas every night? What's with the orange vegetables. And, green beans - might as well throw those away. They will not pass through these lips. Oh, and who's this beastly 4 year old and will he be staying with us long?"
Her needs are simple, feed me often and carry me around showing me interesting things. Don't think that you are going to get away with putting me in one of those devises (bouncy chair, jumperoo, high chair, exersaucer, swing, etc) and ignoring me. That will bring more yelling.

No comments: