Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Visitor

For Quinn's birthday we decided to just keep it small this year. But, we totally enjoyed every moment of the day and the weekend because my mom came out to visit. It's hard to describe what it's like when my mom comes to visit. It's sort of like the normal circus of our lives melts down to a very manageable hummmmmmmmm.
Maybe it's because she comes armed with new wardrobes for the kids or the coolest toys. But, I really think it's because she comes with this fresh, exciting energy for her grandchildren.
She spent a day with each kiddo solo and hopefully enjoyed the day as much as the kids did.
Honestly, Quinn is still skeptical and just tolerant of anyone that isn't Preston, Connor or I. But, Connor ADORES my mother. It's like they have this lingo and bond and everyone else is on the outside. I keep waiting for him to say something like, "But, Mom she just like totally gets me."
When Connor has bad dreams we ask him to think good thoughts and it's usually, "I'm going to dream that I live on the farm with Grandma Chi Chi."
Mom, thank you for coming. It was truly a treat.

No comments: