Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One of "those" mothers




It's been whispered about me, said right to my face (sometimes in awe and sometimes while their head is shaking) and teased occasionally. I don't scrap book, I have NEVER (I repeat, never) taken my children for professional pictures, I fail to send out holiday cards and my children's baby books are pretty much blank after the ultrasound photo. GASP! (Give me a break our wedding pictures are still in a sandwich baggie...somewhere.)
It's not that I care less or that I don't want those things complete. I guess I just get sort of caught up living the precious moments instead of capturing them. Will I regret it? Well, maybe.
I often make a plan to fill something out or schedule a photo session and then it's just such a beautiful day so we head to the park. Or, it's a snowy day so we huddle inside and make brownies and play Candy Land.
But, to make a long story semi-short it makes days like today important. So, please kids on this picture day smile big. I'll put the pictures in a frame on the mantel and everyone will be so pleased.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I absolutely must know where you got Quinn's outfit. Do tell!

Poozoe said...

your kids care more about you being in the moment with them then recording it. You are an awesome mom!