Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Car Talk

I have some of my best conversation memories with the kids when we are in the car. I'm usually driving along, listening to music and one of the kids brings up a topic that almost has me swerving into oncoming traffic. (Not because I want to end it all, simply because I'm so thrown by what they've just said.)



The other day was one of those moments. Connor and Quinn were talking about having hair on their arms and Connor said, "Dad has a lot more hair on his arms than I do." I replied, "Yeah, well when you are a man you'll have more hair on your arms than you do now."



He thought about this and then said, "Mom, I never want to grow up and move out. I want to live with you forever." "Oh honey, you'll definitely want to move out someday and start the next phase of your life," I said with a tear in my eye picturing him moving out and not being able to check on him each night.



Then, like the true independent child she is Quinn said, "Yeah, well I'm going to move out when I'm five. I'm getting an apartment."





I just hope it's nice, because she has really high standards.






No comments: