Monday, August 11, 2008

Conversations with Connor George Barton



The other night Connor and I were watching an OLD Transformers cartoon (from the movie store, as Connor refers to Blockbuster). One of the guys on the show was talking really fast, so I asked Connor, "Why is that guy talking so fast?" He shrugged his shoulders, turned to look at me and said, "I don't know...maybe he's Spanish?"

Random. Often Connor will just come up with something out of the clear blue that makes you laugh until your side hurts. The other night he said, "When Quinn grows up, she'll still be a girl. Like my friend Tia. Moms are girls too. They are never boys." Um, yes. That is correct.

Some of the best conversations with Connor are had in the car when it's just the two of you. He enjoys moments of silence, but he also revels in deep thought conversations. This morning he and Preston were driving to school and visiting.
Connor: Dada, did you know that people can touch light poles?
Preston: Really?
Connor: Yeah, but I think it's just clowns.

No comments: